Post-Anesthetic Feeding Instructions
Post-anesthesia Feeding Instructions
Your pet will likely feel sleepy the day of anesthesia and possibly the day after.
FEEDING after an anesthetic procedure:
Some pets may feel nauseous after an anesthetic procedure.
- After arriving home, offer a small amount of water.
- If there is no vomiting, offer a small portion of food.
- If there is no vomiting, gradually offer larger portions of food, up to their normal portion of food.
- You may resume normal feeding the following day.
- If vomiting occurs, withhold water and food for a few hours and repeat the above instructions.
- If vomiting continues, please contact us or your veterinarian right away.